Reviving a "dead" Linky
If you follow this procedure, you should be able to successfully load firmware into your router, even if you think you've tried everything. Follow the steps exactly and don't skip any!
[Thnx to Mike Ronayne & Linksys!]
To reload the firmware when an upload fails or when the red error light is blinking, do the following:
1) Set a static IP Address on the Windows PC as following:
IP Address: 192.168.1.50
2) Make sure that you can execute the DOS command: "PING 192.168.1.1".
3) Make sure that the file name of the firmware code, given to TFTP.EXE, is "code.bin". RENAME the firmware file if you have to.
4) Try passwords in this order:
First: Try a blank password,
Second: Try "admin" (don't enter the quotes)
Third: The password you assigned previously
5) After successfully uploading the firmware, press the Reset button to clear memory and select default settings.
6) Reconfigure the LinkSys as required to support your Broadband environment.