international news for blinded taiwanese who like soap on cable tv

actually don't know why i even want to do this after giving up taiwan, but just thought it can't be bad for taiwan so that people are at least provided opportunity to step out of scope

for those who don't care, just use this to brush up your english,see whether yourself have got something out of 12-yr-basic schooling

-----------------------------------------------------------
one of today's international headline, but one of the involved, taiwan, seems to be pretty silent over this. just who's the victim? uk or taiwan?

origin: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22519384

A prominent Japanese politician has described as "necessary" the system by which women were forced to become prostitutes for World War II troops.

Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto said the "comfort women" gave soldiers putting their lives at risk a chance "to rest".

He acknowledged that the women had been acting "against their will".

Some 200,000 women in territories occupied by Japan during WWII are estimated to have been forced into becoming sex slaves for troops.

Many of the women came from China and South Korea, but also from the Philippines, Indonesia and Taiwan.

Japan's treatment of its wartime role has been a frequent source of tension with its neighbours.

Mr Hashimoto, the co-founder of the nationalist Japanese Restoration Party, was the youngest governor in Japanese history before becoming mayor of Osaka.

He said last year that Japan needed "a dictatorship".

In his latest controversial comments, quoted by Japanese media, he said: "In the circumstances in which bullets are flying like rain and wind, the soldiers are running around at the risk of losing their lives,"

"If you want them to have a rest in such a situation, a comfort women system is necessary. Anyone can understand that."

He also claimed that Japan was not the only country to use the system, though it was responsible for its actions.

He said he backed a 1995 statement by Japan's then-PM Tomiichi Murayama, in which he apologised for its wartime actions in Asia.

"It is a result of the tragedy of the war that they became comfort women against their will. The responsibility for the war also lies with Japan. We have to politely offer kind words to [former] comfort women."
2013-05-14 13:19 #1
A mayor in Japan has been condemned by the US government for declaring that sex slaves known as "comfort women" were a necessity during the second world war – at the same time as China has told its TV studios to tone down anti-Japanese storylines related to the period.

Toru Hashimoto, the mayor of Osaka, stood by his remarks that the Japanese military's wartime practice of forcing Asian women into prostitution was necessary to maintain discipline and provide relaxation for soldiers. He has claimed that other countries' armies did the same and Japan is being unfairly singled out.

The US state department said Hashimoto's comments were outrageous and offensive. Historians say up to 200,000 women, mainly from the Korean peninsula and China, were forced to provide sex for Japanese soldiers in military brothels. While some other second world war armies had military brothels, Japan is the only country accused of such widespread, organised sexual slavery.

Hashimoto said his lack of sensitivity to America's perception of prostitution might have caused outrage after his suggestion that US troops based in southern Japan should visit local adult entertainment venues to reduce sex crime.

"If there is one big mistake I made, that might have been my lack of understanding of culture behind the US sex industry if you mention adult entertainment in the US everyone thinks of prostitution," Hashimoto said. "I admit that my international sensitivity was quite poor when I had to operate beyond national borders."

Hashimoto said that on a recent visit to the southern island of Okinawa he suggested to the US commander there that the troops make use of the legal sex industry. More than half of about 50,000 US troops based in Japan under a bilateral security pact are on Okinawa, where base-related crime has long triggered anti-US military sentiment.

US officials rejected his proposal. "That goes without saying," Pentagon press secretary George Little said. In a tweet on Wednesday, Mike Honda, a Democrat who has urged Japan to take responsibility for wartime sex slavery, called Hashimoto's remarks on sex slavery "contemptible and repulsive" and demanded Japan's government "apologise for this atrocity".

US state department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the trafficking of women for sexual purposes during that era was "a grave human rights violation of enormous proportions. We hope that Japan will continue to work with its neighbours to address this and other issues arising from the past and cultivate relationships that allow them to move forward," Psaki said.

Hashimoto's comments came amid continuing criticism of earlier pledges by Japan's prime minister, Shinzo Abe, to revise past apologies for wartime atrocities. On Monday, a photograph was published in Japanese newspapers showing Abe posing in a fighter jet with the number 731 – which belonged to a notorious Japanese unit that performed chemical and biological experiments on Chinese. That triggered criticism in Beijing about a lack of sensitivity.

"Japan's far-right politicians have lost their minds," South Korea's JoongAng Daily said in an editorial on Thursday, adding that Abe and Hashimoto "have unabashedly brought up the ghosts of Japan's wartime past and irked neighbours that still bear bitter memories of its military aggression".

Separately in China, the television regulator has ordered a crackdown on dramas about the country's battles with Japan during and before the second world war and demanded they be more serious, state media said on Friday, following viewer complaints about ludicrous storylines.

Wartime atrocities committed by Japanese soldiers in the country between 1937 and 1945 are taught to every Chinese school child and are a staple of television dramas. But Chinese viewers have taken to social media to complain about the ridiculous plots in the anti-Japan dramas, including one show in which heroic Chinese split Japanese soldiers in half with their hands, something shown in graphic detail.

Another features a Chinese archer who can shoot multiple arrows in one shot, killing several Japanese soldiers at the same time.

"The anti-Japan war is a great act of heroism performed by the Chinese people against the invaders, and is a valuable resource for film and television creativity," television watchdog official Wang Weiping told the official People's Daily. "Recently some of this creativity has shown a lack of seriousness, creating lots of nonsense, not respecting history and being overly entertaining which has had a bad effect on society which must be corrected."

The regulator has demanded that television stations re-evaluate their war dramas and "rectify" those which are "too entertaining" or pull them entirely from their schedules if such edits are impossible.
200,000, sheer number of victims exploited by war criminals, yet, those war criminals escaped unharmed, and worshipped by japanese descendants, and even those from this particular victim nation (you know i am referring to taiwan) forgot this unspeakable past and pro japan to the degree that i feel insulted and ashamed.

anyway, taiwan is a thing of past for me, hope you and people who share similar view of yours account majority of taiwan, but it doesn't seem to be the case for now, and i have no faith in taiwan that it will ever change, so all i can say is take care of yourself, hope justice will eventuate in near future. and i can only have my bet on china

coffinbay wrote:
actually d...(恕刪)

Step back and look at your fellow people.

Aren't they blinded by the japs killing "drama"?

Where? Where? Where?

paratrooper862 wrote:
Aren't they blinded by the japs killing "drama"?

Where? Where? Where?

not sure what you meant
but regardless, 6 months on, there is nothing i would comment or advise re taiwan.
entire place is a joke, i got many more meaningful things to work on
no further comment
Sex slave is a shame issue to Japan! Japanese cannot deny it at all. It's very nature that both China and Korea government push Japan government to apologize for their ancestors' brutal behavior.However, to my biggest supprise, just one week ago I found a article in PTT which insisted Taiwan belonged to Japan during world war two so that there's no need for Japan to apologize to Taiwan sex slaves. Taiwan comfort women suffered anything purely by their own will.
Can I make this conclusion that a small pond tends to contain more turtles and a small temple attracts more evil wind ?
no conclusion needed to be drawn, waste of time

i felt injustice at the time when reading that article, but once you realize taiwan is beyond save, and look at how crap it has been the past few decades, it really takes saint to love taiwan

don't waste your time, i won't
lol the taiwanese now could be divided into two parts ,like the pre-china or pre-yankee-nippon alliance...and both two kinds of people are political populism and can't view domestic or intepol affairs objectively(ridiculous double-stand). and also waste efforts on talking shitty things . the key issues like economic growth often be neglected ,or some motherfucker keeping anti anything but for taking no any solution . ya some people believe that their destination firmly ...whatever which kind of it is ,so do not need to expect that they would change a littel
隨便啦, 不要把我算在裡面, 我兩邊都不是
我只相信自己的判斷
有些崇洋過頭, 沒見過世面的大陸人也很讓人看不順眼
限制級
您即將進入之討論頁 需滿18歲 方可瀏覽。
提醒:內容可能因過於寫實、驚悚而令人感到不舒服,是否繼續觀看?

根據「電腦網路內容分級處理辦法」修正條文第六條第三款規定,已於該限制級網頁,依台灣網站分級推廣基金會規定作標示。
評分
複製連結